Saturday 28 September 2013

Doubt - 2008, Meryl Streep, Philip Seymour Hoffman. Directed by John Patrick Shanley

Excellent excellent movie.

Meryl Streep has always been a wonderful actress and this movie definitely is a great addition to her repertoire. The verbal sparring between her character and, the just as awesome actor, Philip Seymour Hoffman's is just priceless. I really wish I had her as a teacher at my schools, even though she was incredibly strict you definitely got the sense that she cared deeply about the students almost from the get go.

The writing for this was perfect, and although I have never been in that kind of position, I felt as though it was handled well and thoughtfully. There are no graphic scenes of any truly disturbing nature and the language is kept to a minimum as you would expect in this kind of surrounding.

The ending was a tear jerker for me, but then I am always prone to endings with heart felt meaning.

This is definitely one of my top picks for movies for people to see before they die.




Four thumbs up

- The truth points to itself

No comments:

Post a Comment